My name is Sarah West and I’m a Sussex-based nutritionist. I provide simple and realistic nutritional advice to businesses and the media.
I graduated in 2009 with a BSc. Honours degree in Nutritional Therapy from the University of Westminster. The course took 4 years to complete and covered all aspects of Nutritional Medicine, with modules including anatomy, physiology, biology, biochemistry, pathology, pharmacology and differential diagnosis plus extensive clinical practice within the University Polyclinic.
In 2009 I was awarded the Nutri ‘Clinician of the Year’ award for my exemplary work with patients.
Since graduating I have worked on a diverse range of projects with both corporate and small private companies, working in collaboration with a variety of stakeholders including food manufacturers, health and fitness chains, food and healthcare PR companies and the media.
In the press:My previous work includes:
- Regular articles and expert comment for consumer websites, newsletters and popular press, including The Daily Mail, The Daily Express, The Daily Mirror, The Sun, Huffington Post, Female First, Yahoo Lifestyle, You magazine, Woman, New magazine, The Week, Women’s Fitness, Cosmopolitan, Mother and Baby, Best, Candis, High50, and many more
- Independent and objective advice provided to the UK’s Health Supplement Information Service (HSIS) and the Meat Advisory Panel (MAP)
- Management of global and National PR and communications campaigns for companies including Danone Nutricia, Unilever, Novo Nordisk, Orchid male cancer, United European Gastroenterology, Lanes Health and Symprove
- Weekly health and nutrition tips for members of UK-wide fitness chain TheGym
- Corporate health coaching for companies including Burberry
- Nutritional menu analysis work for companies including London-based gourmet pizza chain Firezza
I am currently working as an in-house nutritional advisor to leading school and nursery food provider Zebedees, who provide nutritionally balanced meals to childcare providers throughout Sussex, Kent, Hampshire, Essex, Surrey and London. Please note that I am not available for private consultations at this time.